The British scientist, famed for his work with black holes and relativity, Stephen Hawking – has died at the age of 76. He died peacefully at his home in Cambridge in the early hours of Wednesday, his family said. We want to show you some of the best Stephen Hawking quotes, that will live forever.
In 1963 at the age of 21, Stephen Hawking was given only 2-3 years to live after being diagnosed with a rare form of motor neurone disease. But Hawking had a form of the disease that progressed more slowly than usual. He survived for more than half a century. The illness left him in a wheelchair and largely unable to speak except through a voice synthesiser.
The scientist gained popularity outside the academic world and appeared in several TV shows including The Simpsons, Red Dwarf and The Big Bang Theory.
He was portrayed in both TV and film, by Oscar winner Eddie Redmayne in “The Theory of Everything“, which charted his rise to fame and relationship with his first wife, Jane.
We had another post before, where we put only 5 Stephen Hawking quotes.
These are some of the best and most popular Stephen Hawking quotes:
- Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.
- People won’t have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.
- However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.
- Science is not only a disciple of reason but, also, one of romance and passion.
- I was never top of the class at school, but my classmates must have seen potential in me, because my nickname was ‘Einstein’.
- If I had to choose a superhero to be, I would pick Superman. He’s everything that I’m not.
- Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it.
- People who boast about their I.Q. are losers.
- God may exist, but science can explain the universe without the need for a creator.
- There is no unique picture of reality.
- One can’t predict the weather more than a few days in advance.
- I believe things cannot make themselves impossible.
- I am just a child who has never grown up. I still keep asking these ‘how’ and ‘why’ questions. Occasionally, I find an answer.
- In my opinion, there is no aspect of reality beyond the reach of the human mind.
- There could be shadow galaxies, shadow stars, and even shadow people.
- I was not a good student. I did not spend much time at college; I was too busy enjoying myself.
- I have so much that I want to do. I hate wasting time.
- No one can resist the idea of a crippled genius.
- We are all now connected by the Internet, like neurons in a giant brain.
- My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.
- The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
- Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny.
- We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet.
- We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.
I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.