Sigmund Freud was an Austrian neurologist and the founder of psychoanalysis, a clinical method for treating psychopathology through dialogue between a patient and a psychoanalyst.
He was one of the most controversial scientists of the 20th century. His contribution to psychology is huge, especially with his two discoveries: he revealed the mystery of the human dream and find a universal key to the human subconscious. And Sigmund Freud quotes are very popular, influential and motivational.
If you don’t know who is Sigmund Freud and you want to know more about him, you can find out on Wikipedia. For now, these are 15 the best Sigmund Freud quotes.
15 Sigmund Freud quotes:
- Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.
- One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful.
- The only person with whom you have to compare yourself is you in the past.
- Out of your vulnerabilities will come your strength.
- Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.
- We are what we are because we have been what we have been.
- When inspiration does not come to me, I go halfway to meet it.
- From error to error one discovers the entire truth.
- Friendship is an art of keeping distance, while love is an art of intimacy.
- I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.
- Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise.
- Where id is, there shall ego be.
- The ego is not master in its own house.
- Religion is an illusion and it derives its strength from the fact that it falls in with our instinctual desires.
- We are never so defenseless against suffering as when we love.